Thanks to the drought, there are more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjreVlmEbis rattlesnakes around than usual. And to make http://www.sears.com/lawn-garden-watering-hoses-sprinklers/b-1024020 matters worse, they're now snaking their way into residential neighborhoods and California backyards where small children play.
A 2-year-old girl, named Ishneed Kaur, was bitten by a rattlesnake, June 9, 2015, while playing in her backyard in Pittsburg, California. She had to be airlifted to Children's Hospital in Oakland for immediate treatment.
That same week, a 4-year-old boy was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjreVlmEbis bitten after stepping on a baby rattlesnake coiled on a bike trail in Folsom, California. When his ankle started to swell and turn purple as a result, the child's mother, Jacklyn Caramazza, jumped into action and sucked the venom from his wound; a dangerous move, which may have saved the boy's life, but most experts don't recommend.